Tuesday 2 August 2011

August Calendar




Scanned images above and photo below.





Another month is here and I've hardly had time to blog, but I have made my August Calendar pages (and finished writing up the July Calendar). Another great stamp from Craft Stamper magazine which gives me my pink, blue, green colour scheme and floral decoration theme for August. I painted my pages with acrylic paint, and I've put the journalling squares directly onto the page, painting them with a bit of pearlescent white here I thought they were too dark. Not sure how it will look when I write on them, but I like my multi-coloured pages now. I like drawing the doodle-ly squares straight onto the page. I coloured the stamped flower images softly using distress inks.

7 comments:

  1. I like the colors and softness. Very pretty.

    Stopping by from The Kathryn Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages look fab and your colour choices are great. I really want to draw my squares (like you have done) but haven't quite got round to it ( er.. Or I can't make my mind up how to do it!)
    Can you believe we are over half way through now? Only 5 months to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours used.
    I like that stamp too i havent used mine yet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila love your multi coloured background. Look forwards to seeing next month.
    Happy crafting, Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your doodly squares too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila

    Some time ago I received an art tag from you in the Christmas tag swap organised by Fiona on inchybyinch. That's how I got your blog details

    I wondered if you might be interested in joining some of us on TAG TUESDAY to make and post one tag a week with a seasonal theme

    Although it is a weekly group there is no obligation to post every week and I have also listed the themes for the whole month so that some people can make ahead if they wish as we all get weeks when we are businer than other weeks

    I don't know if you are crafting at the moment ... but I would be so pleased if you would join us

    If you would be interested you can find out how to join on the TAG TUESDAY blog below

    With all best wishes for a very happy new year and 2012
    Carolyn x

    http://tagtuesday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete