Saturday 19 February 2011








Made my easel ATCs for the Artist Trading Club's February swap. As they look like little works of art, I painted white card with acrylic paints, cut it into ATCs, stamped over the painted backgrounds, and finally added heat-embossed hearts and a "With Love" message in honour of the month. I like this new style of making ATCs that can stand up.



Then I made my ATCs for another February swap (see picture at the top of this post), where the theme was "hearts". The pink ones use some interesting bits of card and stickers I got in a bargain bundle of papers from my local craft shop. The yellow/green ones use Distress Inks, lots of heart stamps, and hearts made from some of my left-over acrylic-painted card. The pearlescent white acrylic paint that I have mixed in with all the colours really gives a nice sheen.


Still working slowly on my March pages for the Art Journal - I have painted them in shades of yellow, and stamped the background a bit, but not assembled them yet. Tomorrow afternoon's task, I hope ! Other than this, all the crafting I have managed to do recently has been making a few tags.

3 comments:

  1. what a brilliant way to do atc, so pretty too
    i must try that next time, i have done several easels for greetings cards,this is such a natural progression
    well done
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your easel atc's your swaps will be out very soon
    the backgrounds are wonderful.
    thanks for joining in.

    Take care
    Chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Display easels are really nice. I will surely gonna try to make one of this. Thanks for sharing! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete