Saturday 12 March 2011

Lucky Dips

Lucky dip crafting - see the expalanation at the end of this post , after the pictures !

Goody bags before I started.
Lucky Dip 1 below (the pink paper on the right was chosen deliberately, after the blind pick gave black card and flowery fairy stickers)
Lucky Dip 2 - just 2 items, and I couldn't think what to put with them.

Lucky Dip 3 - I got the creamy pearly ribbed paper and the butterfly stickers sheet, and then I chose to add orange card.

Lucky Dip 4 - rough beige card, stickers and amazing spotty glittery parer.


The finished items - 3 ATCs and a tag. Not pictured in the correct order - top left is 4, top right 2, lower left 3 and lower right 1. Better picture of the first one follows.



Black and pink ATC taken without flash, to show off the black paper (its so pearlescent the flash made it silver, but its black !)



I really wanted to go to the Craft Show at Malvern, but decided its just too far to drive (two and a half hours, I expect) and would cost far too much petrol ( at least £30 worth !) so I stayed at home, and spent a happy morning listening to Create and Craft TV in the background, while I made some bits and pieces. I got these fab bargain bundle bags in Twyford at the Creative Craft Cabin, and I challenged myself to shut my eyes, take two items from a bag, and then add another one (or more) bits, and use them to make something. I did cheat a bit, as several of the dips were impossible to put together, so I returned them to the bag and tried again. The first Lucky Dip came out wonderful - I got the black pearly card and the flower fairy stickers, and chose the pink paper with silver butterflies to go with them. This made a lovely ATC, with the addition of a stamped flower, which is also on paper from these bags ! Second dip gave me two sheets of paper, very different, but I made a tag and cut bits out off the colourful paper, which doesn't look too bad. Third dip was very good, and easily made this very simple ATC. I already had my eye on this sticky-backed butterfly sheet for ATC backgrounds, so I used very little here and saved the rest. But then I realised I could use the butterflies as embellishments, if I stuck them on to card and cut them out, so they finished off the ATC made from Lucky Dip 4 really well - everything on that ATC came out of a bargain bag !





1 comment:

  1. Love the Black ATC it's really classy. Great idea to pick randomly and use what you have got.

    Stampersue
    X

    ReplyDelete