Sunday 20 March 2011

Stitch and Craft

"Beautiful" scrapbook page and MJM's instruction sheet.



Pampered pets - workshop shaker card on the right.


Had a super day out on Thursday at the Stitch and Craft show at London's Olympia, travelling up by train. I got there about 10.45, and was able to join the docrafts card making workshop at 11, and Michelle Jackson-Mogford's scrapbooking one at 1pm. Also saw Dawn Bibby of QVC demonstrating at 4pm, and made a few cards. I bought various things, including some lovely stamps, especially docrafts things that I don't usually see. We used their new pampered pets range to make a shaker card - mine fell apart when I picked it up at the end of the class, shedding beads, so we stuck it back together but it came apart in my bag on the way home too. I made the other (pink dog) card at home, using some of the papers they gave us. Michelle Jackson-Mogford's "beautiful" scrapbook layout was lovely. We ran out of time to finish it, but when I got home I realised I had some good pictures of my husband on Santorini, where we went for his 50th birthday last year. The main photo was the wrong size, but I added two other pics, so the title "beautiful" might refer to Santorini or our whole trip, not just my husband. His favourite bright blue shirt and the blues of Santorini fit the page well, but I left off the lovely pearls Michelle used and the lace (fab ideas, but they don't fit my photos). I tried to take a pic of Michelle's instructions, so you can see her finished layout, as well as the one I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment