Friday 1 July 2011

My July Calendar pages











Long time no blogging, due to busyness at home and then holidays. I did do a bit of Art Journalling on holiday - pictures later when I finish putting the holiday journal together. However, I have done my July Calendar. Yesterday I painted some patterned card in pink and pearlescent white, decorated it with the lovely Craft Stamper chandelier and a bird, stuck on squares using only two patterned papers, and used Distress Inks in Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap. I like this colour co-ordinated effect - less colourful than most months. What I don't like is having to stick all the squares on - there is a lot to be said for painting the squares when painting a background on plain paper !

14 comments:

  1. fab! Love the soft colours! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like both your calendar pages very much. The colors are so soft and calming.
    Stopping by from The Kathryn Wheel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages, like the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little birdies on a pretty pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours i agree with the dislike of the squares , i always seem to cover stuff up with them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely soft colour, - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With the soft pink, it looks like a very peaceful page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft colors and the sweet bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this soft pink you've used, lovely page

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very soft and beautiful. Enjoy filling them in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soft colours for July, and yes, I recognised the Craft Stamper stamp! well done for keeping up with the challenge so far. Can you believe we are half way through already?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both calendar spreads are so lovely! Such pretty colors for July! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really like your colors you choose this month, the glimmer is beautiful

    ReplyDelete